Thousands back Suffolk’s campaign for better broadband
NEARLY 6,000 households and businesses have so far backed the Better Broadband for Suffolk campaign.
Residents and businesses across the county have spoken out about their current broadband speeds and what they hope for in the future, in a bid to prove to ministers and potential suppliers how much superfast broadband is both wanted and needed in the county.
With 4,611 responses from individual households, and 1,238 from local businesses, Suffolk is now more than half way to Suffolk County Council leader Mark Bee’s target of at least 10,000 responses by the close of the campaign.
Councillor Mark Bee, chair of the Better Broadband for Suffolk campaign, said:
"I felt a huge sense of pride when I was told about the impressive response we have had so far – it is very encouraging to see just how much support we have built up in such a short space of time.
“I am thrilled that so many have recognised the importance of the campaign, but we still need more and more people to step forward and demonstrate Suffolk's need and desire to improve access to broadband.
“With just over one month left for residents and businesses to complete the survey, I would like to encourage everyone to take a few moments to visit our website. It could make a real difference and is a very important part of us demonstrating the demand that’s out there.”
The surveys only take a few minutes to complete and are an essential part of the campaign's work to help show the level of demand and likely take up of superfast broadband services in Suffolk, and to make the county an attractive place for potential bidders to invest in.
The final date for the completion of both surveys is Saturday 31 March 2012.